Taking a course at Elite is the next big step in your career as a fitness and performance professional and naturally you have lots of questions.
Below are some of the frequently asked questions potential professionals have. We are here to help you in anyway we can and we want you to gain as much from the training at Elite as possible.
If you have any other queries please get in touch right away by contacting us here.
The certificates for our short continuing education courses have CPD points assigned to them, and as such, you can also register them on the REPs website.
If you travel to work in another country, you can apply to register in the REPs organisation of that country by enquiring to REPs Ireland on firstname.lastname@example.org. They will guide you through a transfer to another country’s register.
The CPD accreditation on our courses show that you have continued with a line of study beyond your initial study to meet the guidelines outlined by a certain body.
Personal Trainer – 4 weeks full time, Monday to Friday 9:00 -16:00 (Requirement: Gym Instruction certificate)
CPDs – 2 days 9:00 -16:00
All of our courses require physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, and candidates should have basic skills in communication.
- If you fail a theory exam you can repeat it 1-2 times depending on the module. A fee of €35 applies. If you fail all attempts you will need to resit the whole module again on the next available course. This must be done within 2 months
- If you fail a practical exam you can repeat it twice. A fee of €100 applies.
- All repeat exams need to be scheduled with the Course Coordinator. Payment must be made before the repeat exam date.
- A pen/pencil and notebook. Your manual will be supplied on the day. Some people complain they do not know how to structure classes after their training has been delivered and these people are the same ones who come without pen or notebook and don’t take notes.
- There will be a lot of material covered on courses that will require complete concentration and effort to gain the most from the course, so you will need to take plenty of notes to look back on!
- Surgical/hockey tape (only for Kettlebell Courses): This is to protect your hands from minor tears or abrasions. This can be bought in any chemist for a few euros so please purchase and bring this small but very useful piece of equipment. It will save your hands after two days of lifting.